Thursday, February 25, 2016

Finding North is Live!





Jumping Jinkies am I excited for this release?

When I set out to write this book it was a for a few different reasons: because I wanted the challenge, and I needed a break from the heavy world of my Savage Saints MC.
While I love those bikers right down to the tips of their very corrupt, calloused fingers, believe it or not writing about bloodshed, torture, rape, and a strung out, drug addicted victim of child abuse with no desire to get clean
who also happens to be a club whorewill take a toll on your psyche. Who knew the one per centers of the biker world wouldn't be all rainbows and butterflies?
Anywhoo, my first thoughts on Finding North were, "I'm going to do something completely different for me and write a steamy, lighthearted M/M standalone."
Yeah ... not so much.
While Finding North certainly is steamy, it's definitely not lighthearted.
There's a reason for this
other than my love of gripping my readers by the feels and shaking them until they surrender all their tears to meit's because, sadly, for all our advances and forward thinking, some of us still happen to be a little bit stuck on the whole, "You can't choose who you fall in love with" thing.
I couldn't write this story without highlighting what life is like for men and women in small towns in Australia, and all over the world, who struggle daily to come to terms with who they are and whether they are enough, and so Finding North was born.
Love isn't a dirty word.
Homophobia is.
#LoveIsLove
I hope you guys enjoy Will and North as much as I have loved bringing them to life!


 


Red Maine’s blue-collared bad boy, North Underwood, has a dirty little secret—Will Tanner.
Friends since kindergarten, North had been the one to jump first, and his fall into Will’s bed ten years ago had been no exception. Will and North had been inseparable, but things change, people grow apart, and even a blazing flame can dwindle to a dying ember over time.

The more things change the more they stay the same.

After a run in with a bottle of Bundy rum, Will and North find themselves in a compromising and all too familiar position.

Blurred lines, bad decisions, and one wrong foot after another lead these two down a spiral of sarcasm, secrets, and sex, but when North’s hetero status is called into question he can’t figure up from down. And despite Will telling himself he wouldn’t fall again, he’s head over heels and wandering without a compass.

Love is love.
Love is truth.
Love … shouldn’t be this damn hard to figure out.



EXCERPT
“Relax, Will,” he says, smoothing my cheek with his thumb. “Don’t you want to know what it feels like?”
I swallow hard, and close my eyes. If only he knew. If only he had some idea of how long I’ve wanted this.
No.
I shove my hands against his chest. He stumbles back and catches himself before he can lose his footing. I take a step towards the door and find myself thrust up against it. North clutches my arm, and twists it painfully behind my back.
“I know what you want, Will, and I know it isn’t pussy. It’s cock,” he whispers the last in my ear, sending a shudder down my spine.
I shake my head and whimper, “No.”
“Yes.” His hot breath on my neck sends all my senses into overdrive, making me fucking crazy. I grind my erection against the door and moan, desperate to relieve the ache. “Let me do this, and you’ll know for sure.”
“Know what?” I hiss, struggling. He grasps the nape of my neck and holds me in place, my cheek firmly pressed against the wood.
“You’ll know if that’s what you are.” North buries his face in my neck and licks the salt from my skin. “And you can finally stop torturing yourself.”



NOW AVAILABLE

99 CENT RELEASE
(Last day! Price will go up to $2.99 after release day)

AMAZON
iBOOKS
Kobo
B&N 
OR PICK UP THE PAPERBACK FOR JUST $12.99
Add to goodreads




2 comments:

  1. Hi Carmen,
    Loved "Finding North!!!" Is there a follow-up or another M/M in the near future? Loved Will and North - gritty, steamy, intelligent. A fan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. I would like to know the same.

    ReplyDelete