Friday, January 18, 2013

Feature & Follow #9


Feature & Follow is a blog hop hosted by Parajunkee & Alison Can Read.
The purpose is to meet new people and gain more followers in the book blogging community.

Q: Who is your favourite Villain from a book?


Lestat de Lioncourt



More often than not The Vampire Lestat plays the protagonist in Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles, but there can be no doubt about how often he switches back and forth between the role of Protagonist and Antagonist.
I love me a smarmy bad guy and Lestat is smarmiest of them all. He's a constant source of agitation for Louis, determined to make the poor tortured soul's eternal life misery. I mean, the guy burnt down Louis' house in Tale of the Body Thief when circumstances found Lestat on the wrong side of mortality and seeking Louis out to make him immortal again.
He's selfish and snide and sexy as all sin.
AND a musician!
Need I say more?
He's the ultimate bad boy who's had centuries to torment both the living and the dead, plus he's a freaking vampire! And a ruthless one at that!  
He's my antihero!

Other delectably dishonorable mentions:

The Crits - Blackbrooke by Emma Silver - Those things are creepy as all get out.
Sebastian  - The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare - Incest is best. That's all I'm gonna say on that note.
Dimitri Belikov -  Blood Promise by Richelle Mead - What could be scarier than having the man you love turn Strigoi and hunt you down across Russia, especially when said man was a killing machine before he turned into a bad guy?
Doctor Danco - Dearly Devoted Dexter by Jeff Lindsay -  Perhaps the most frightening Villain of all, but since we really don't get all that much from his character I haven't listed him first. This guy is a truly twisted killer who drugs his victims and over a period of a few days surgically removes their limbs, genitalia, lips, tongues and eyelids before leaving them with a carefully placed mirror so they can see his handy work. My stomach is twisting already, which is saying something because I'm a blood and guts girl all the way! Needless to say, this one stayed with me for a while.


      
What's your FF this week?
Don't forget to get Commenty-with-it below!


14 comments:

  1. I was never much of an Anne Rice fan, but I agree that Lestat was one of a kind. My FFs are at Musings on Fantasia and LKHill. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    I loved Anne Rice's books! And have to agree about Lestat! Great choice!

    New Follower

    ~Marie
    Co-Owner/Founder and Blogger of Lunar Haven

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopping through. Strigoi Dimitri was scary, because he was so similar to old Dimitri yet so different.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are all excellent choices. I have to say that Dimitri is one of my faves as well, but he is likable. lol. I went with my favorite asshole villain. I do love a great contrast between the villain and the hero. Happy Friday.
    New Follower

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot about Sebastian and Dimitri, great picks!

    Here's my FF: www.best-of-ya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read any of the books you mentioned, but I definitely loved Interview with the Vampire. I think you have to add that Tom Cruise looked pretty smokin' in that movie!

    Old follower :)

    My FF: http://mybookmusings.blogspot.com/2013/01/feature-follow-friday-07.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lestat - definitely a great choice. I haven't read the other books you've mentioned but I hope to start The Immortal Instruments soon.

    Just discovered 'Sugar Me'. Can't wait to see the sugary goodness to come.

    My FF @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read Anne Rice, but I agree with Sebastian as an honorable mention. Poor Dimitri, though.

    new follower. My FF:
    http://booksojourner.blogspot.com/2013/01/feature-follow-9-favorite-villain.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Followed you from the blog hop - Lestat is a very good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lestat is a great choice, and so is Dexter. I love Dexter - book and series both.

    New follower, hopping through. Happy Friday!

    Julie@ Full Moon Dreaming

    ReplyDelete
  11. just blogging by,enjoy! your week-end.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/01/feature-follow_18.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just hopping on thru...Happy Feature & Follow Friday!
    Have urself a great weekend!!

    Follow my new Tour Blog below :)

    "Literary Quill Promotions"

    ReplyDelete